*** Lee Wiggers Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:33:06 -0400 :

> Let's see if I understand this.  Mdk sells advertising for megabucks
> to companies who want to reach mdk users.
>
> Mdk users simply avoid gui install and avoid adverts.
>
> What a nice day.

I' think there'll be small text-based ads in the text install then. Of
course, the majority of users will use the graphics installer, so the
ads will reach their readers.

Well, for the 'knowing' there's always a way, isn't it?

I guess the main thing will be the website ads. And so far I don't feel
annoyed by the Mandrake ads, why should I be annoyed by Thwates or even
AMD? It'll be a whole other story reading "XXX-RPMs for the adult
Linuxer!" or "Download jay-lo-ass-showing-1.0.1-1mdk.rpm NOW!" ;-)

wobo
--
"... and anyway, html can't carry a virus." (Aug 2001, Usenet)
GnuPG Public Key on http://www.wolf-b.de/misc