Avi Schwartz wrote:
Today, Mandrake has issued a security update to ssh (BTW, if you did not update it yet, you better do it soon, before the exploit starts circulating). I updated all the sources but urpmi --update --auto-select told me that everything is up to date. Tried the graphical updater, the same story. I ended up downloading the new RPMs and installing them manually. How am I supposed to trust DrakeUpdate and urpmi?

This is something Mandrake can learn from SuSE. Their online update works perfectly every time.

Avi

Your success with Mandrake Update depends on the mirror you have setup as your update source. Mandrake just released the updated packages and it takes time for all of the update mirrors to sync with Mandrake's server. You may need to give your mirror some time to actually get the updates from the mothership. Once that is done you should be able to update without a hitch. I just did and it went as smooth as usual.

Also, you need to run "urpmi.update -a" first to make sure your box knows that there are updates available. Then run "urpmi -v --updates --auto-select" or "urpmi -v --auto-select" to actually download and install the updates.

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
    AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
                KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
 23:30:00 up 10 days, 10:46,  1 user,  load average: 0.36, 0.16, 0.11

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)