On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 11:27 PM, Jack Coates wrote:

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 20:05, Avi Schwartz wrote:
Today, Mandrake has issued a security update to ssh (BTW, if you did
not update it yet, you better do it soon, before the exploit starts
circulating). I updated all the sources but urpmi --update
--auto-select told me that everything is up to date. Tried the
graphical updater, the same story. I ended up downloading the new RPMs
and installing them manually. How am I supposed to trust DrakeUpdate
and urpmi?

This is something Mandrake can learn from SuSE.  Their online update
works perfectly every time.

Avi

where are you physically? Mandrake's mirrors in the Pacific Standard Time Zone tend to be pretty far behind.

Chicago, CST.

Avi