On Thursday 18 Sep 2003 11:47 am, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2003 05:27 am, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> > Hi,
> > A particular website I want to access insists on IE6 (or just
> > possibly it may be satisfied with Netscape Navigator 6),
> > reckoning this is needed for 128-bit encryption of contributions.
> > I think there's been some discussion about Opera masquerading as
> > IE6, but is it possible to set Galeon (1.3.3) to masquerade, or
> > failing that, Konq?
>
> Yes, Under Konqueror, Settings, Browser Identification.

Philosophically, I hate the idea of masquerading - I don't want to be
though to be using IE, but I recognise that it's sometimes necessary.
What would be nice is to be able to set a profile that uses the
masquerading, while all others don't, but I guess that isn't
possible.  Still, one could always use one browser when masquerading
is necessary and another for the default browser.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302