Hello Anne,

Thursday, September 18, 2003, 4:59:25 AM, you wrote:

AW> Philosophically, I hate the idea of masquerading - I don't want to
AW> be though to be using IE, but I recognise that it's sometimes
AW> necessary.

I hate it too, but for another reason. I've had the discussion "why
not support other browsers" with a number of sites. They all say that
95% (or some high number) are IE users, and they can't justify working
to allow others. Part of the problem is those who are not really using
IE at all, but trying to look like IE. Distorts the statistics rather
badly.

It's getting worse, too. Many sites are now using scripts to ID the
browser, and M$ is apparently helping develop some commercial ones
too.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]