On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 12:59:25PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Philosophically, I hate the idea of masquerading - I don't want to be
> though to be using IE, but I recognise that it's sometimes necessary.

Well, I share you're reservations agains masquerading. However, if
it's any consolation, I've seen a few sites that just parse the
useragent string for "MSIE". In such cases, the following user agent
string will actually work:

"Mozilla/5.0 (THIS IS NOT A BROKEN MSIE
 BUT THE REAL MOZILLA JUST FOR THOSE WHO CANT PROGRAM THEIR WEB SITES
 CORRECTLY)"

;-)

Won' work all the time, though... :-{

> What would be nice is to be able to set a profile that uses the
> masquerading, while all others don't, but I guess that isn't
> possible.

In Mozilla, it is... I just haven't found an easy way of keeping bookmarks
and settings in sync yet.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org