Hello Wolfgang,

Friday, September 19, 2003, 12:08:55 AM, you wrote:

WB> Look at http://www.mandrakebizcases.com/
WB> Is that what you were talking about?

Not quite. I was thinking of a "Public Relations" style writeup, in a
style designed to attract a publication to write a story about
Mandrake. These PR pieces have a certain format. The idea is to write
it in a way that would be similar to what would be a story in the
paper/magazine (write it for them, they'll take the credit). It has to
be written in a way to be interesting, as a story.

Users could download it and send it to some publication - they would,
in effect, be part of your PR department. The user would send Mandrake
a contact report before sending out the PR piece. However, it will be
very important to have some contact at Mandrake available, and this
contact should be immediately available to talk to. No call-backs
here.

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I have seen how effective it
can be in getting exposure to interesting, well-written ideas. If done
well, you can get exposure in major publications.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]