Hello Bill,

Friday, September 19, 2003, 7:57:36 AM, you wrote:

>> How's this test?

BM> Not so hot - that's one weird mail client you've got there ...

Apparently so. Bats are weird, I guess. :-)

BM> Here's exactly how the Reply-To: header appeared in that post:

BM> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"@eth0.b.smtp.sonic.net

Hmmm... Here are the headers I saw that were supposedly outgoing:

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:28:10 -0700
From: rikona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Bill Mullen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re[2]: [expert] How users can help Mandrake (semi hijack)

They looked OK, so I sent it. It was done with a quick and dirty
script I wrote. Apparently the script was a bit too dirty. :-) This
email implements the same result with a different script. Is this
better? (They again look OK here.)

BM> What's more, it changed beginning of the subject line from "Re:" to
BM> "Re[2]:" ... I've never seen *that* one happen before.

TheBat has a default counter that keeps track of the replies and puts
the count in the header. If it's an annoyance, I can shut it off.

BM> Lastly, the To: header had my name, but the list's address; perhaps that
BM> mailer app just doesn't comprehend mailing lists very well?

Another option in TheBat. For lists, it is nice because it flags the
sender, but the email still goes to the right place. By just looking
at the To: header you can easily see who on the list it is sent to. If
it's an annoyance, I can shut it off.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]