On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 9:36 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 4:45 pm, you wrote:
> > did you see this one Anne , this list is a bit weird at the moment
>

> No, I didn't see it.  Thanks for sending it on.  I got LVG's though.
> Before I saw this I had found an article on Gramofile through google,
> so I've installed it.  I'll also take a look at LV's suggestions of
> audacity and rezound.
>
> But the first need is to actually get the sound in.  What can I use
> that will give me some feedback as to whether it is actually hearing
> anything?  It's too time-consuming to keep attempting a recording
> when you don't know whether there's anything there in the first
> place.

You should have the output from vinyl player to go to line-in of your
soundcard. In sound mixer(like Kmix) you should select line-in for recording
purposes. If the speaker is connected to speaker/lineout port, then if you
play the player, you should get sound from speaker when the OS is working.
For this no sound s/w(playing or recording) need to run. If not then there is
problem with /dec/dsp or /dev/sound/dsp
--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017