On Wednesday 08 October 2003 03:31 pm, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 12:19, Norman Zhang wrote:
> > So it is a good practice to setup multiple swap partitions on different
> > drives. LM knows how make best use of it?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Norman
>
> yes

Hmm, I thought (referring to an earlier part) that the "twice as big as
physical ram" rule of thumb only went up to x size, say about 400-500 megs or
so? I thought it was wasteful (short of doing video editing or something
rather intensive like that) to say, have a gig of mem and make a 2 gig swap
out of HD space.

Or did I dream that?

I've got 512m of ram now - I just don't think I need 1 gig of swap space.

Anyways, somebody enlighten us. :-)

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord