Hello Praedor,

Sunday, October 12, 2003, 7:41:58 PM, you wrote:

PA> It seems patently indefensible and unfair to out-and-out ban
PA> opera, safari, konqueror, etc, as a matter of  policy.  It most
PA> certainly isn't a security problem as IE certainly isn't  more
PA> secure than opera, etc.

I've gone round and round with several companies on this issue (I use
Opera), and the problem seems to be management: (1) "the budget is
VERY tight", and (2) "it better look good, or you're toast". The more
honest ones have admitted they can't justify developing for more than
IE, given the huge REPORTED market share. With so many people using
spoofing, it just makes the market share look even bigger than it is.
We can't win for loosing.

IMHO, only a very large number of complaints everywhere will begin to
put a dent in this.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]