On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:58:59 -0400, "Ronald J. Hall"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > - libgal.so.11
> > I tried libgal-2.0 but that seems to give libgal.so.21
> >

> If you can't find it, have you tried linking libgal.so.11 to
> libgal.so.21? A
> lot of times, you can solve problems with older software by linking it
> against the newer library versions.

That's a great tip! How hard would it be to build a library spoofing
daemon? With the chaos of library dependencies, something like this that
hides complexities from newbies would probably be good (although it would
have to be obvious enough that were the app to fail, the user would be
informed that there could be a more appropriate library for the task.
Perhaps it would be linked to urpmi :-) which in turn was tied into
rpmfind's db.)

--

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]