On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:39 am, many eyes noted that HaywireMac wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:22:58 -0700
>
> Jack Coates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > is there a pointy-clicky way to change monitor refresh rates?  I'm not
> > in a big hurry to go messing with modlines.
>
> There was a whole long thread about that on the newb list just a short
> time ago, IIRC the end of it is that, no, there is no pointy-clicky way.
>
> It is set at install time and conforms to the tested limits of your
> monitor, but it can be changed, you just have to do it the hard way.
>
> Check the archives, you'll see all the gory details.

This can be done with xvidtune. But it won't stick past a reboot. But gives
you the relevant numbers to alter /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file to they way you
like it. Or enter a new mode if you want.

Charlie

--
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do children of men as a whole

Helen Keller

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1Beta