Hello Jack,

Monday, October 20, 2003, 7:53:57 AM, you wrote:

JC> actually, I got into a half-hearted argument with one of the
JC> Evolution developers one time because he admitted that Evo blindly
JC> trusts MIME types and passes them to the handler.

Sounds like an ex-M$ programmer. :-) Really bad idea.

JC> I argued that a crafted jpg could overflow eog or ee or whatever
JC> and run stuff, he responded that it was really unlikely,

If he codes so that it will accept ANY misidentified code, of any
type, and any size, without ANY problems at all, then I'll reluctantly
agree.

JC> we ended up agreeing to disagree.

You got the right idea. Ideas like this will poison linux.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]