From: "Richard Bown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 23:17, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > Unless I am missing something that you have not brought up, the errors
you are
> > describing generally refer to the IDE controller itself and not the hard
> > drive.  I/O APIC and ACPI problems generally cause interrupts to not get
> > assigned properly, so frequent symptoms include nics and usb ports not
> > working and lost interrupts on drive channels.
>
> If this is the case and I have seen it causing problems with NICs, the
> install should be set to turn it off by default, once you have a running
> system, it can always be turned on,.;
> But this type of thing happening on install will drive people away from
> MDK.
> most winyuk users are extremely biased against linux, why give them fuel
> for their arguments ???

Well we can disable that stuff in the install with the kernel, but in order
to do so we need the hw info bios revision so we know what system to
block, and what part of it...
So here is what you need to do...

first get MDK installed, probably using the above mentioned commands..
then install lm_sensors...

then tell me what commands you needed (acpi=off, acpi=ht, noapic,
nolapic, ...) to get it working...

then send me the output of the following commands: (as root)

#lspcidrake -v
#cat /var/log/dmesg
#dmidecode

with this info I'll add them to my kernels, and most likely Juan will pick
them up for MDK main kernels...

Regards

Thomas