On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Anne Wilson wrote:

[referring to POPfile v0.20.1, vs. v0.19.1]

> Are there any big advantages in upgrading the version?

>From what I gather from the relevant announcements, the use of BerkeleyDB
instead of flat-file storage greatly improves the processing speed, and
there seem to be a lot of worthwhile bugfixes as well. Some links:

Announcement of the 0.20.0 release

Announcement of the 0.20.1 release

Upgrading seems rather straightforward; stop POPfile, backup its directory
in its entirety, and unzip the new release over the old.

The now-required BerkeleyDB Perl module is in contrib in RPM form, as
"perl-BerkeleyDB". Best to install that first. When POPfile next runs
after the upgrade, it will convert the database file's format over.

I can't offer any specific experience as regards the upgrade, as I had
never tried the app until today, and opted for the current version. :)

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people