On September 1993 plus 3721 days James Sparenberg wrote:

> Lycoris deciding that it can rewrite the GPL.

  Uhm...for their own code, yes, they can...it won't be the GPL any
  more, but it's their own license. Depending on the changes, it may
  or may not still be Free Software and/or Open Source Software, but
  they *can* write any license they may want for *their own code*.

  On the other hand, I hadn't heard anything about this...could you
  point me to any URLs that talk about this?

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_