From: "Lawson, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Did this below still nothing everything stops... Can you help more Please.

the three last lines of /etc/shorewall/routestopped should be:
--- cut ---
#INTERFACE      HOST(S)
eth0
#LAST LINE...
--- cut ---

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] shorewall]# service shorewall check
> Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...
> Processing /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf...
>
> Notice:  The 'check' command is unsupported and problem
>          reports complaining about errors that it didn't catch
>          will not be accepted
>
> Shorewall has detected the following iptables/netfilter capabilities:
>    NAT: Available
>    Packet Mangling: Available
>    Multi-port Match: Available
>    Connection Tracking Match: Available
> Verifying Configuration...
> Determining Zones...
>    Zones: net loc
> Validating interfaces file...
>    Warning: Invalid option (routestopped) in record "net eth0 detect
> routestopped"

remove the 'routestopped' from /etc/shorewall/interfaces

so the four last lines in that file should be:
--- cut ---
#ZONE    INTERFACE      BROADCAST       OPTIONS
loc            eth0                     detect
net            eth1                     detect
#LAST LINE ...
--- cut ---

btw, as I forgot to ask before, what internet connection do you have?
is it a dsl? and does it get it's ip through dhcp or is it static?

if you have dsl that uses PPPoE or PPPoA,
you need to change /etc/shorewall/interfaces to:
--- cut ---
#ZONE    INTERFACE      BROADCAST       OPTIONS
loc            eth0                     detect
net            ppp0                     detect
#LAST LINE ...
--- cut ---

and if it's also using dhcp, you need it like this:
--- cut ---
#ZONE    INTERFACE      BROADCAST       OPTIONS
loc            eth0                     detect
net            ppp0                    detect                      dhcp
#LAST LINE ...

and of course restart shorewall after you have made the changes
--
Regards

Thomas

PS.
sorry for the delays in answering, I had to leave my computer for a while...