From: "Lawson, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I did what you put here and on mandrake 9.2 via the ssh and vi I copied
and
> pasted what you had typed and after I started shore wall it disconnected
> webmin and ssh via the local net.

Question:
are you sure that eth0 is your lan, and eth1 is your internet access?
( if shorewall didn't get back up, it too would lock you out)

so add eth0 to /etc/shorewall/routestopped

and the access will keep on working even if shorewall is misconfigured...

if you  just copy / pasted my settings, I hope you moved the text

PORT(S)    DEST

to it's right place,  under:
... SOURCE     ORIGINAL

or else it would have broken your shorewall setup...
preventing shorewall to restart...
--

Regards

Thomas