> Thanks all for suggetions.
> I see in fstab that my floppy and cd:s are set up with supermount,
> which works. But no process, that looks like a supermounb deamon
> to me, is running. Someone suggested FAM, but its not running.
> Artsd was running, but not the bad guy. Stopping it does no
> difference.
>
> I did suspect some process (in Kde) was logging something, but
> 'find / -type f -mmin 01' did not show any changed files, when run
>
> a coiuple of times.
> My filesystems are reiserfs, and not mounted with noatime option
>
> I'm getting curious now. Am I the only one with this behaviour?
> By the way, this is ML 9.1 with Texstar's Kde 3.1.4
>
> Anyone with other things I can try? This isn't all that important,
> just VERY irritating

I have had the same thing at times. There was a thread on newbie
awhile back.  There was talk of it being fam related, and also just
reiser doing it's job.

See if you can find it in the archives: i posted the ?, stephen kuhn
and others had some thoughts.

In the end i decided nt to worry about it...

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org