On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 10:01, Bill wrote:
> That is what my understanding was. you wouyld asign like 5 to your primary
> email server and 10 to the backup. Assigning the same number would just make
> things a little screwy.

yeah, it'll basically just round robin. An additional wrinkle is that
many (most?) MTAs will try to send to the domain's A record if none of
the MX's respond.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...

"I have acres of land, I have men I command, I have always a shilling to
spare, so be easy and free when you're drinking with me; I'm a man you
don't meet every day."
-- I'm a Man You Don't Meet Every Day from Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash by
The Pogues