On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 06:57, Michael Holt wrote:
> ...>
> > if we do a mx record lookup for .com we get qxssmtp2.qualxserv.com. that
> > server is not answering for port 25 stuff. Interestingly enough they have the
> > same number assigned to there email servers which is 10 I thought that was a
> > no no.
> >
> > Man I have been outa the internet systems stuff for two years now and can
> > still do this stuff. Im so far out of the loop now seeing how I just got my
> > trucking drivers license (class a) with all endorsements to look for work in
> > the trucking industry. I gave up on the computer industry.
>
> Hey I just learned something!  Could you explain the '10' thing to me?

MX records have a priority option between 1 and 100. Higher priority
gets first choice of delivery, lower priority is essentially backup.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...

"In my motorcycle mirror I think about the life I've led and how my
soul's been aching all the holes where I have bled... My image spoke to
me, yes to me and often said, 'You are the son of incestuous union!'"
-- Nimrod's Son from Surfer Rosa and Come On Pilgrim by The Pixies