On Nov 3, 2010, at 12:55 PM, "Shaping" <shap...@charter.net> wrote:

> Does everyone run Factor.exe directly from the repo root?  Do you make a
> 'work' directory for new vocabularies and otherwise just mod the existing
> ones, and let Git tell you what has changed before you publish?

Usually we keep our work in a separate vocabulary root. The repository contains
an empty "work" directory, with its contents ignored by Git, that is set up as
a vocabulary root for this purpose. If you want to modify existing Factor
libraries or contribute new libraries upstream, you should do so in the
established basis and extra directories.
>  Can someone tell me how to change the GUI's default font?

There isn't a readily available setting for this. On Windows you can hack the
default font mappings in basis/windows/fonts.
>  Is Emacs the most popular text styler for Factor?  I prefer to have a REPL
> capability?

I don't know that it's the most popular, but it's probably the most featureful,
and if you want deep REPL integration your only real choice. If you don't mind
switching between your text editor and the Factor UI, the Factor UI is capable
of tracking and opening source code using almost any popular editor using the
editor integration in the basis/editors directory.

-Joe