Hi -- I've been tracing through the initial vm initialization code trying to
get a picture of how Factor bootstraps itself.  Does anyone know if there is a
way to resolve code in the initial boot image that is being jit-compiled by
factor_vm::prepare_boot_image to a set of symbolic names that can give a hint
as to what functionality is included there?  I'm trying to get a sense of the
minimal functional set included here that allows higher-level initial code to
be compiled.  The comment on prepare_boot-image says "/* Compile code in boot
image so that we can execute the startup quotation */".  It would be nice to
know what this code includes.  My guess is that the answer is "no, there is no
way" and that one just has to be in possession of whatever code generated it
(and there's nothing to say that this was even a Factor system that did this in
the first place; could have easily been some C++ code that just knew what bits
to emit).   But it never hurts to ask... Presumably if I proceed past this to a
point where actual Factor code is being parsed and compiled, I'll be able to
get a feel for what primitives are already being depended on?  Or maybe not.
Maybe it's just a "big bang" where earlier word definitions can depend on later
word definitions having been initialized before they start their execution.  Is
mine a hopeless effort?  Would be nice to know before I suck up too much time
with it. Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide. Regards, Mike