Thank you, Joe, once again for your help.  I have settled into a nice rythym of
virtually tracing through the code by looking at the source (both vm and factor
files), augmented by the Help system in the listener.  That should keep me busy
and out of your hair for a couple months (or couple years? :( ).  Let me hold
off on asking any more questions until I've had a chance to absorb some of
this. Maybe one little question.   Am I correct in suspecting that there is a
high-level Factor word I can execute on demand and trace through the exectution
of via the Factor debugger to get a more dynamic picture of how this all
unfolds?  Would it be make-image?  Can you just call that directly or is it
only called in the context of a sequence of operations that have already set
other things up?