Very well put, Mike. That's kind of why I've recently been attracted to
Clojure. I don't have a very large investment of mental capital in Java or
.NET, but those underpinnings certainly help build and expand the Clojure
universe. After many years of having my brain warped by Forth (in a good
way, I think), Factor just feels more "right" to me. But I admit I'm
envious of Clojure's greater buzz and mind share. There are several
excellent Clojure books - I wish Factor had at least one.
Also, and this may sound really petty, but I wish Factor had been named
differently - perhaps Faktor. I'm sure everyone here has experienced the
frustration of trying to google "Factor" to find more information! Forth
has the same problem. By naming it "Clojure" instead of "Closure", Rich
Hickey saved everyone a lot of aggravation.

BTW, I've enjoyed following your efforts to understand the deep internals
of Factor. Most of it is way over my head, but your questions and the
thoughtful responses by Joe, John, Doug and Alex (hopefully I didn't leave
anyone out) are helping to reinforce the mental scaffolding I'm building in
my attempts to fully grok Factor.

--John