Hello!

27.05.2016, 02:48, "Björn Lindqvist" <bjou...@gmail.com>:
> You could certainly wrap the CreateThread function and call it from
> factor. See the windows.kernel32 vocab for how wrapping Windows system
> functions are done.

  OK, good. When I call CreateThread, one of the parameters I need to pass it
is a function pointer to the code which will run in the new thread. My question
is: can I pass a Factor quotation or a word as the function pointer? Or is
there some wrapper to make it possible, like with-new-vm or something?

> On the VM:s level, threads are started with the start_thread() function which
> is defined in vm/os-windows.cpp.

  Good, thank you.

> Oh, and didn't we discuss this issue last year?

  We sure did, but you guys left me hanging. Nobody reacted to my suggestion
and I did not get the help I needed, so I'm making a second attempt at fixing
it now. This time I feel more confident I can do it with little supervision.

 Александр