> Hello!
>
> 14.09.2016, 17:04, "Björn Lindqvist" <bjou...@gmail.com>:
>
> f f alutInit drop alutGetError alutGetErrorString
>
> And see what error message you get.
>

> "There was an error opening the ALC device"
>
> I'm not on Win10, but rather Win8 Pro 64-bit.

It appears it works something like this: OpenAL32.dll is the public
API, but not the whole OpenAL implementation. Exactly like OpenGL
works. Having the OpenGL dll is not enough, you also need drivers
installed to support it which neither you nor I have.

But you can download soft_oal.dll from the OpenAL soft package:
http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal-binaries/ Rename that file to
OpenAL32.dll and put it in the same directory as factor.exe and the
alut.dll file. Then it works for me. I think that means you only get
"software" audio without hardware support so no 3d audio or any fancy
features like that. But who cares. :) I don't think many sound cards
supports OpenAL any way.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist