> On Mar 25, 2005, at 10:10 AM, akasha_108 wrote:
>
> > So it follows then that if a teacher does charge, he is offering the
> > student a great blessing by creating a link to the student by which
> > all the students sins are transmitted to the teacher. And folowing
> > this logic if more money is charged, more sins are transmitted. So by
> > this logic, MMY is a great teacher, absorbing bountiful amounts of
> > students sin.
>
> If I follow this logic, it sounds like the bad karma would go onto the
> initiator--unless of course you are being directly initiated by MMY
> that means a TM teacher/Governor....

yes, see the rest of my post where i discuss this. Does 50% go to
teacher, 50% to "National" / "International"?

And what if the teacher spent all of his "earnings" on going to moe
courses? The flow of funds becomes an offering into the fire of
knowledge -- so to the sins flow likewise?

But then since MMY created us as "multiples of himself", and initiated
us as teachers, does he take on all of our sin load that we took on
from students?

Or since the offering is made to Guru Dev, and all of the teaching is
in his name, is all of the sin eventually absorbed in his grace?

Or since it all start with Narayana -- perhaps HE absorbs all of the
sin ultimately.

I used to work at the Berkeley center, before becoming a teacher, as
the "scholarship guy" -- if someone could not afford the $35, then
they were usually allowed to pay what they could, and / or promise to
pay more later. (yes, it really did work like that back then). So if
someone was asked to pay $35 and I heard their story and said ok, $20
is good, did I accrue $15 of merit (thats 1969 dollars so worth way
moe today)?

Rick initiated Peter, who proclaims jivanmukti has arrived. Does Rick
gain GREAT merit for that? But Rick also initiated Haiglin, hmmm,
mixed bag of karma for that ?

What do you think? :)

Unfathomable is the course of sins, um I mean action.