So Maharishi performed some type of "official" ceremony so a handful
of people could be officially called disciples, big whoop. Is there a
rulebook that describes a guru-disciple relationship? If so does it
specifically void relationships that are absent this.some ceremony?
Isn't the guru disciple relationship based on something more than a
ceremony? I would imagine the entirety of purusha and mother divine
would claim they have a direct guru-disciple relationship with
Maharishi. I would imagine that the dedicated staff/faculty members at
MUM would cliam a guru-disciple relationship. The same for the
well-to-do who have lived in FF for many years now and offer money
whenever money is needed. Maharishi may not descrbe these people as
his disciples but I can't imagine that it is anything but. They look
to him for guidance in every aspect of their lives, they imagine,
based on the "knowing me in your heart" that M has described, his
thoughts on every issue. And Maharishi is not lacking in advice and
never has been, even if his advice is to be self-sufficient.Yet, even
with this advice of his (self-sufficiency) he is never lacking in
specific, though perhaps general, advice/guidance.
Ken