Good morning Alex:

On Mar 27, 2005, at 9:22 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> My history with TM is that I'd start and stop a lot because I'd
> become so accustomed to the good experiences that they'd no longer be
> perceived as good experiences, and I'd get bored with it. Starting
> and stopping created the contrast needed to keep TM interesting for
> me.

A turning point for me was when I realized all the experiences my
"Sidhi" practice generating were just samsara. The point I had always
missed was that the experiences were an opportunity to understand how
samsara was created. Immediately on realizing that, at the gap where
the experience left, their arose a great revulsion for samsara. This
bewildered me at first. The desire to cry arose, but immediately
dissolved like a wisp of cloud in the wide blue sky. I had just been
grasping at samsara. After all, I liked having "experiences". But no
one had ever taught what their value--if any--was.

Later on, one of my teachers told me that this was a major obstacle
(experiences as experience). In the higher teachings where people go
into caves or types of boundaried retreat, they are given methods which
allow experiences of all lokas (dimensions) to come forth. If you
hadn't learned that experiences, in and of themselves, aren't what the
goal is, you can get caught there. In some cases, expert meditators who
went into the caves would go for months, years, even hundreds of
years--all because of the endless display of their own movie.

Krishna might have said: don't be attached to the movie, but know the
projector and the movie and just try to relax, they're not separate, OK
Arjuna?

my .02 USD