--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "crukstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I remember Mother Olson talking about how off Catholics were in
> > their devotions to the crucifix. With all the beauty of a saints
> > life, why the focus on a gory death? In every Catholic church is
> > crucifix and good catholics bow as they pass it.
> > The Christians are against choices, against anything
that "allows"
> > one to die. One has to wonder why all this fixation on death if
> the
> > belief is in everlasting life with rewards in heaven. You would
> > think that Christians would be happy for anyone who died and
went
> > home to God. I remember reading in "autobiography of a yogi"
that
> if
> > people really knew what was going on, they would celebrate death
> and
> > be saddened by birth (something like that).
> > Everyone is riveted by Schiavo's death. Every moment we get an
> > update. How would you feel to have so much attention when you
want
> > to be left alone? If I don't feel well, I don't want someone
> > reporting every gory detail or hanging around watching me.
People
> > are dying every minute every day,  why in the world fixate on
it?
> > Maybe Christians are really terribly afraid of death so they
have
> > reassure themselves that they are the chosen ones and will
really
> > really really go to heaven. Those professing so much belief,
seem
> > have so little faith.
> > PS I was raised a "good" catholic
>

> I was thinking along these lines once and decided that what we
need
> is a "take Christ down from the cross campaign". Poor guy, being
> kept symbolically nailed to that cross for all this time, on
> millions upon millions of those crucifixion idols, being churned
out
> in factories and shops on a non-stop basis across the globe. For
> Christs sake, let him down, he's suffered enough.
>
> Rick Carlstrom

Yeah I thought the whole point was that he came back from the dead,
or more specifically, ascended, so why keep him "in death", so
weird. They always want to say how "Christ died for our sins" , I
mean get over it, he ain't suffering now.The whole point of dying
seems lost... ie resurection, eternal life. That should be the
focus: ascension & eternal life