On Mar 31, 2005, at 11:36 AM, mark robert wrote:

ut such a violent symbol is so attractive to societies like ours that are so obsessed with violence. Think of the crucifixion as a barometer for the general state of mental health; as long as the symbol stands, so does the mass-neurosis. Good luck removing this major cultural icon of the West.

Good point.

But to be fair, wasn’t Krishna’s (“CRISTNA”) death similar and aren’t there similar representative icons in India?

Well I remember him being shoot with an arrow and raising from the dead 3 days later. Pretty darn close, eh? All the picts I see have this blue-skinned dude playing the flute to admiring women and the occasional cow. More like a Jethro Tull concert.