--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, I am replying to my own posting (Frasier, you may not be far
> away from seeing a new client ringing your doorbell).
>
> I was suddenly stung by guilt by the posting below (there may be some
> truth to what is said in it) - but consider this:
>
> You're invited to take up a position in an IT-startup company. The
> business plan is wild and as full of holes as prospects for making
> everyone a billionaire.
>
> How to approach this opportunity?

########

Presumable by exercizing due diligence.

########

> By whining that if this company plan does not work: Oh man, we will
> become even greater whiners than we were before.?

########

If you were to approach a real business on the basis you are suggesting, then
real
businessmen would question your judgment. If one has examined the track record
of a
company and concluded that (according to universally accepted principles of
business) the
track record was not good, then one should not be considered a "whiner" for
stating the
obvious.

########

> Full of excitement but with caution?
>
> Here's a suggestion: take 2-6 months of one's regular job to give it a
> try - whilst ensuring there's enough change on the account to pay the
> bills for the selected trial period.
>
> If it works - excellent!
>
> If not, go back to what one did before.

########

Quite a few of us here have performed the experiment you suggest (perhaps with
more
excitement than caution) and consider the current proposal a bad risk, at best.

L B S