<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brigante"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<SNIP>

> > Strictly a cover story -- the fact is that Chopra's ego, big as
all
> > outdoors, could no longer fit in the TMO, and so he left. A good
> > portrait of his arrogance and bizarre behavior is in Esquire
magazine
> > issue of Oct 1995, "Deepak Chopra has a..snff... cold"
>

> Have to look it up.
>
> He seemed sincere to me, and mad about it besides.
> I attended 2 WPA's that he lead in the 90's - liked him. Good
speaker.
> Good front man for the time.
>
> JohnY

**********

I did like Chopra's first several books, and originally he was
personable enough, certainly, to do the job for the TMO, but I think
he began to lose his glue when he over-meditated in order to hop
during yogic flying. I think he felt that a big shot like himself
needed to be a good yogic flier, so he piled on the meditation, and
his behavior became bizarre (although he was said to have become a
pretty good hopper) -- it's like that guy on Purusha who felt that he
was not doing enough to get enlightened, and started intense
meditation that was way beyond what he should have been doing.
Ignoring all the warning signs of excessive meditation, he finally
flipped out:

http://tinyurl.com/4dphk

There are people who can handle almost any amount of meditation, but
Chopra was not one of them, having been before he started TM just
another doctor with plenty stress (and booze/cigarette habits IIRC)
stored in his nervous system.