--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mark robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "easyone200"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Bob,
> > The God-Like pedestal you put Maharishi on, while at the same
> time
> making him an
> > impotent prisoner in his own movement makes one think you are
> on
> drugs and some
> > mighty powerful ones at that!
>
> **********
>
> Well, thank you...I'll have another scoop of soma with some
> amrita on
> top, please.
>

> ---------------------------
>

> Seriously, Bob, do you believe those two concepts were actually
> drugs originally? I do.
>
> -Mark

*******

The soma plant (which is produced in the body of enlightened people)
is also found very rarely on the slopes of the Himalayas (description
of the plant's life cycle given in Chopra's first book, "Return of
the Rishi").

Amrita was churned up by the gods and is not found on earth except a
few drops fell to earth (kumbh mela sites) in the fight between the
gods and demons over possession of this nectar of immortality:
http://www.hindunet.org/festivals/kumbha_mela/

All other attempts by westerners to say one or the other of these
items is marijuana or mushrooms or whatever is just nonsense by
people who don't know the Vedic literature. But suit yourself (and
I'm sure you will) -- it's less important to know the origin of these
substances than it is to actually produce them in one's own nervous
system through expanded awareness by regular practice of TM.