On Apr 19, 2005, at 12:55 PM, akasha_108 wrote:

> This along with your prior comments on darshana (view) as preceeding
> but not the same as experience is clarifying. its interesting that
> some proclaim they are in BC and that Brahman is an "understanding"
> not an experience. This sounds like a darshana. What is your
> traditions' and teachers' perspective on this?

  “ Meditation is not; getting used to is.”

is a way he might describe the Primordial State and non-dual
contemplation.

> Could it be possible that one could become absorbed in a darshana of
> Brahman -- and this enlivens shakti to some degree? And you then get a
> lot of egomaniacs spouting from the POV of their shakti
> experiences--their subtle egos?

Doubtful.

We were just discussing this on another list and one opinion I have
always held is that *IF* MMY really wanted to get people to Cosmic
Consciousness and if he really claimed to be representing the
Shankaracharya Tradition, he would use the standard texts of the
tradition on attainment of CC. These texts are very explicit on how to
attain CC. One thing they insist: use Patanjali as part of that path.
You know the bizarre thing? They insist you skip the entire siddhis
portion, ESPECIALLY the levitation siddhi! They also warn on
channelling, other beings, etc. Otherwise it is said you will NEVER
obtain CC. Period.

Now knowing this you can only conclude that the reason this traditional
advice was ignored is because the idea of siddhis and levitation really
is attractive to some people and really SELLS. And thousands of people
have paid the price. Some with their health, others with their minds,
yet others rant and rave on their enlightened status.