I had a very interesting experience at my local TM center one day
about 15 years ago. I arrived at the center before an Advanced Meeting
- you know the weekly group meditations and tapes they used to have.

There was quite a ruckus going on outside the front door. Several
people were arguing and being very hostile. Because I was early for
the meeting, I decided to meditate in my van before the meeting. I had
no idea what noise was all about.

That particular mediation was a very spectacular personal experience.
I immediately dove very, very deep and experienced a soft and
beautiful unity with life. I had the feeling that a big beautiful
bubble of love, and safety surrounded me. I felt a wonderful glow
exuding from within myself, caressing my environment.

When I went to go inside the center I could see that there was a small
crowd outside the door arguing. As I approached the crowd, all the
noise stopped, and they became very quiet. Their 'leader" gave me a
puzzled and astonished look - it was obvious that he could see the
peace I was feeling.

After entering the building all the noise started again. It turned out
they were a group of so-called "Christians" protesting the center and
trying to "save" the people going to the Friday-night advanced
meetings. I felt sorry for them, isn't the "peace that passeth all
understanding" what they want too?