sparaig wrote:
> > Obsessive Compulsive Disorder can be beneficial in relatively small
> > doses. Segovia used to practice guitar so much that his friends would
> > have to come and drag him off to get something to eat.
> >
> > He died at the age of 94 having sired two sons (one 20 and one 70
> > when he died), at home with his family, shortly after having
> > completed his 70th (or thereabouts) world tour.
>
> TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> I saw Segovia once.  His OCD paid off.

It must have been the mid-1970s. I attended a Segovia performance at Hancher
Auditorium in Iowa City. As will happen in a hall of 2,700 people, someone had
cough. In the middle of his playing, Segovia stopped, rested his guitar, looked
at the
offender in the audience, slowly brought a handkerchief from his breast pocket,
and
caughed into it once.

The audience laughed nervously. A few clapped. The offender jumped up, bustled
past the knees of others in his row and hustled out the door. When he returned
at
intermission, I have to think he had his throat lozenges already unwrapped and
ready.

 - Patrick Gillam