In a message dated 10/16/07 1:40:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I agree, and would like to add that  it’s a shame we’re spending billions on
a war in a dubious attempt to  safeguard our supply of oil when that same
money, if put into alternative  energy R&D, could free us from the temptation
of
such wars and our  reliance on environmentally destructive energy sources. We
need a  Kennedy-style alternative energy moon race

Having all the free energy in the world would be useless if we couldn't use
it freely. The war isn't just to protect oil reserves in the middle east. It
goes a little deeper than that. We could poor trillions into an alternative
energy research program and still not come up with anything better than we have
 now and in the end have another Bill Gates type person make the big break
through in his garage using his own money.