In a message dated 10/16/07 9:57:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And  speaking of global warming, remember that the IPCC said that the
#1 cause  of global warming was not "tailpipes" (your term from below)
but  "cowpipes": farting and belching from livestock.

If people stopped  eating meat tomorrow, we could,literally, eliminate
99% of the #1 cause of  global warming overnight.

All cattle slaughtered. All chickens, lambs,  etc. No more farting,
no more belching.

Ummmm, problem is, if I have to become vegetarian again and eat more grains
and legumes then I will be the one farting instead of the  cows!