--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have heard that pets are not supposed to be in the same room while
you meditate because they are "prana thieves."  I think this got
extended by diligent Rus to include not having any pets anywhere.

> I never believed this.  It's not part of my experience.  On the
contrary, pets are an asset in many situations.  They save
lives---literally. They are excellent and wise companions.  I swam
with wild dolphins in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico once long ago,
and they gave the best dharshan I've ever experienced.  a

IIRC Tat Walla Baba had a giant boa constrictor that lived just
outside his dwelling in the forest.

A dear friend of mine complained about all the animals when she went
to TTC in Rishikesh. The monkeys would come into her bungalow and
disturb her meditation. That and the crows that perpetually squawked.

My kitty cats just sleep on their pillow on the floor or on the window
sill when I meditate in my office.