> On Nov 18, 2007, at 1:21 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Probably Christmas 1946, when I got the costume, or
> > very shortly thereafter. I think I skipped a year in
> > my earlier chronology. My parents got the recording
> > when I was 3 1/2, when we were living in Evanston;
> > but the photo was taken in New York after we'd moved,
> > which was when I was 4.
>
> Evanston, Ill, Judy?  Cool.  I lived there for several years after
> college, grew up in a suburb just north of there.

No kidding! I don't remember much about Evanston,
just some vague mental images. We were living in a
one-room walkup apartment with a Murphy bed when I
was born, on Prairie Avenue; then we moved to a house
on Thayer Street for a year or so before we moved to
New York. My father was teaching at Northwestern. Is
that where you went?