--- curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Muay Thai Boxing, the national sport of Thailand is
> a striking art not
> a grappling art.  Every complete martial art has
> counters to this move
> including Muay Thai.  It is executing the counter
> that is the hard
> part.  Have you ever seen a Shotokan Karate master
> use his "counter"
> against a professional Thai fighter?   No?  So this
> is just something
>  you "know" without having it tested I guess? Mixed
> martial arts
> tournaments have given us empirical data on what
> works by testing all
> the traditional theories.

Curtis, my neighbor (30 something guy) has trained in
Muay Thai for several years. He works out a lot in his
garage. I asked him to demonstrate some Muay Thai
moves on me a while back. I'm an old judo guy so i do
know somethings on the mat. My experience was like
yours. That behind the neck lock-up is incredibly
powerful.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • ... Richard J. Williams
        • ... Angela Mailander
        • ... off_world_beings
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... TurquoiseB
        • ... off_world_beings
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... curtisdeltablues
        • ... aztjbailey
        • ... curtisdeltablues
  • ... Peter
    • ... curtisdeltablues
      • ... Peter
        • ... off_world_beings
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
        • ... off_world_beings
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
        • ... off_world_beings
        • ... Peter
        • ... nablusoss1008
        • ... shempmcgurk