--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Shotokan Karate vs Kung Fu
>
> Ouch...
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqqSmf8qATc
>
> OffWorld

The karate fighters seemed more realistically trained.  I don't count
out  Kung Fu as a style because it was developed in an era when it was
actually used as a martial art like Japanese jiu jitsu.  It was not
developed for sport.  It was also a good demo at how hard it is,even
as a superior fighter to knock someone out who doesn't want you to.
It demonstrated that none of the karate fighter's single strikes ended
the fight.  I don't think the Kung Fu guy was used to taking punches.
 This is why boxer irregularly wail on guys from dojos who don't train
getting hit.

The less rules the better for evaluating styles.  Otherwise you can
gain a false sense of power like the guy in this hilarious video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I&feature=related