> Curtis:
>
> Did you ever read Jasper Becker's "Hungry Ghosts; Mao's Secret
> Famine"?

Oh yeah!  Really a powerful book.  I also dug the one by his personal
physician.  The guy lived like a rock star with hundreds of groupies
at "dances" for him every night.  But he wouldn't wash or brush his
green teeth!

There are quite a few first person accounts of people who survived the
Cultural Revolution whose titles I have forgotten.