--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks all for your comments.
>
> I recently did 3 seasons of Entourage. "Lets hug it out bitch". Some
> good stuff.
>
> Started Rome S1 -- after having caught some here or there on cable.
> So far so good.
>
> Began Big Love. Two episodes. Its interesting. Shemp would like just
> because  Chloe is in it. Like Weeds (liked first season) its a
> situational piece -- a lot you can do with just the premise. Whether
> it can sustain multiple seasons depends on the depth of the
writers.

I've loved Chloe ever since she appeared in "Kids" and have tried to
see everything she's been in.

The only thing she did that was horrible was, of course, "Brown
Bunny", possibly the worst movie ever made.  Seeing Chloe fellate
Vincent Gallo is not my idea of good cinema.

I really do like "Big Love".  Every character is well developed and
it's more than just the novelty of polygamy...I mean if that's all
there was to it, it would grow old very fast.

I'm just finishing up the first -- and only season -- of "My so-
called life" which was pretty good.  Claire Danes at any age is
wonderful.

Also just finished "Not just the best of Larry Sanders", a four-disc
set which is great.  But my only complaint is that the episodes that
did NOT make it into the set should be made available because I
remember virtually every single episode that I saw while the series
was broadcast was as good as the next.

And, of course, I just finished seeing season 4 of "The L-Word" which
is basically soft-core porn superimposed upon a satire of soap operas.

> I think "Ru" could make a good cable series.
>
> Curb your Enthusiasm grows on you.
>
> Have but have not yet viewed 6 Feet Under. Any fans? Nip/Tuck?
>
> Firefly. Still going through it. Good, but not fantastic, IMO.
>
> RE -- top films vs top episodic. More concentrated effort seems to
go
> into top films, more polish, more whole piece development. For
> example, 2-3 hours of the Godfather is more intense, densely great -
-
> compared with the best episodic. But I agree with Turq -- longer
> series allows richer characters.
>
> Also there is a distinction, IMO, episodic vs series. House vs
> Sopranos. Series don't lend themselves to as much long term
character
> development. House "grows" / evolves, deepens each hour, less so
over
> 22 hours -- less distance traveled.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > Forgot:
> >
> > The Tudors (HBO) 9 out of 10. The life and wives of King Henry
VIII
> > in lurid detail and R - rated, (as it should be). Season 2
starts
> > soon. Fun historical fiction. I don't believe many realize how
much
> > we owe the modern era to this king as he broke the stranglehold
of
> > the Roman Catholic Church.

> > > Dexter 9 out of 10 Fascinating psychological thriller; serial
> > > killer as superhero.
> > >
> > > Huff  9 out of 10 The life of a popular psychiatrist.
Insightful
> > > and fun. Waiting for season 2
> > >
> > > Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (BBC America) 8 out of 10
Hilarious
> > > attempts to save floundering restaurants.
> > >
> > > Startrek Enterprise. 9 out of 10 This new Startrek series is
> > > finally on a major network, Sci-fi, and details the time
period
> > > before the original 1960's Star Trek TV show, from just after
the
> > > World Wars and "first contact" (which was the with teh
Vulcans).
> > > The Vulcans are the moral guardian of human space exploration,
> > > guiding our moves. If you don't fall in love with the female
Vulcan
> > > officer (imagine: drop dead gorgeous and no emotions,
extremely
> > > logical) there's something wrong with you. Plus they've really
> > > imaginatively pulled this one off, with themes relevant for
todays
> > > world.
> > >
> > > Lunch with Bokara (Link TV).  (varies depending on guest (7-
9.5)
> > > Aging debutante Bokara invites various spiritual luminaries
over to
> > > her condo for lunch and they chat on the cosmos and
spirituality
> > > and whatever.
> > >
> > > Democracy NOW (Link TV) 10 The REAL news. Sometimes almost too
real.

> > > Deadwood 9 out of 10. Finally a western that's real and true
> > > those turbulent times: early American lust and greed made for
TV.
> > > Damn, they stopped this series and now plan to finish the plot
with
> > > a couple of feature length HBO movies. Can't wait.
> > >
> > > Napa Style (Fine Living) 8 out of 10 Great cooking series. Good
for
> > > getting new ideas.
> > >
> > > Entourage 9 out of 10 Another good production from Marky Mark.
Good
> > > way to exercise your inner 20-year old.
> > >
> > > Curb Your Enthusiasm 8 out 10, Hilarious sitcom by and starring
one
> > > of the writers of "Seinfeld".
> > >
> > > Weeds 8.5 out of 10. Gated California community mom turns pot
> > > dealer and grower. The most recent season wasn't as good as
the
> > > previous season.
> > >
> > > Friday Night Lights 8.5 out of 10 West Texas football cult.
Spinoff