Edg, marijuana's relatively easy cultivation would skim some off of the taxable
base, but to
get really primo bud, like anything else, requires a high degree of
sophistication and hard
work.  Here in Humboldt County there are lots of growers, lots of hydroponic
supply
companies, guilds of professional trimmers, and other examples of a growing
infrastructure; it takes knowledge, people and lots of work to produce high-end
product.
I think that the demand for the good stuff would remain and be the basis for a
taxable
product.

**