"I'm all in favor of security, but we must stand up
and fight the terrorists where they live and breed".

Terrorists can live and breed anywhere. They are not assciated with
any country. All they need is a friendly banker. They could move to
Brazil, transfer their money to a friendly Brazilian bank, and
procure materiel they need to attack the U.S., transporting it up
through the Mexican border.

The act of terrorism doesn't protect land. They are not fighting to
maintain a plot of land as belonging to them and them alone. When you
want to protect land, you build a military with the appropriate
tools, tanks, troops, etc., and maintain command and control over a
plot of land. Terrorists don't involve themselves in maintaining
command and control over a section of earth. They infiltrate the
enemy and destroy something near and dear to the enemy, striking fear
into the populations heart, and then they run.

A proper response to this then, cannot be the use of military alone.
How can you use an organization that is designed to conquer and
maintain command and control over land areas when your enemy has
nothing to do with that? A balanced mix of military agencies and the
global law enforcement agencies, increasing the size of their ranks
and access to technologies, including communications technologies,
and these groups working together, is, imho the best way to respond
to this threat, and Ron Paul, in his writings and what I have heard
him say, has been the only candidate I have read who seems to "get"
this viewpoint.

I'm supporting Ron Paul.

-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"