--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Brian Horsfield wrote:
> > Richard, are you seriously supporting the McCain
> > doctrine for continued war?
> >
> So, we are agreed that the U.S. is in a war. Then,
> I'm thinking of voting for the candidate who can win
> the war, not lose it. Ron Paul has zero experience
> winning any wars and apparently has no plan of how
> to win this one. I want to vote for a winner, not a
> loser, don't you?

You miss the point. Wars against non nation state enemies are pretty much
unwinnable
since there is no definable enemy. You have to essentially kill everybody to
truly declare
"victory". The war on terror is not supposed to be won - a permanent war.
Cheney more
or less said as much.  The US has LOST every war since WWII.  McCain should
know that.
Paul voted against the war in Iraq and against the Patriot Act showing true
courage and
leadership to follow the Constition rather the fear mongering promoters of war.

 McCain has the most experience in